Harrington Community Partnership Fund
The Harrington Value Institute Community Partnership (VICP) Fund was established in 2015 to foster partnerships between Christiana Care, Christiana Care’s Value Institute, and the community. The purpose of the fund is to support research and program development in the areas of population health to address community needs, such as providing care for the disadvantaged or underserved and reducing disparities in health. The fund will support projects addressing the social determinants of health and clinical outcomes. Project proposals should seek to create programs that improve the health of the populations and communities of New Castle County, Delaware. Applications are encouraged from community-based organizations, and project teams may include partnerships with Christiana Care employees or physicians.
- Funding Requests for Proposals (RFP), follow link Harrington RFP 2019
- To submit your organization’s Letter of Intent (LOI), click here Harrington LOI
- To submit your organization’s Application, click here (coming soon)
The proposed schedule of events subject to the Request for Proposal is outlined below:
- Deadline for Receipt of Letter of Intent Feb. 8, 2019: 5pm (EST)
- Deadline for Receipt of Proposals May 3, 2019: 5pm (EST)
- Estimated Notice of Award June 24, 2019
- Project Start Date July 1, 2019
Examples of previously funded projects include:
- The Delaware Medical Legal Partnership between Christiana Care and the non-profit Community Legal Aid Society, Inc., which integrates an attorney into the health care team for economically disadvantaged patients to help re-mediate social or legal problems that contribute to poor health.
- The Reading Assist Institute’s Reading Corps program, which provides early reading intervention for students in high-needs, low-income schools.
- The Delaware Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment form. A collaborative effort among the Delaware Academy of Medicine, Delaware Public Health Association and Christiana Care to establish use of the Delaware Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment form to facilitate person-centered end-of-life directives.
- Healthy Latina Families, a partnership between Christiana Care and the Latin American Community Center which embeds trained Hispanic, Spanish-speaking health advocates known as promotoras throughout Hispanic communities to provide outreach, break down barriers to care and link members of the Hispanic community to medical homes.
For more information please contact:
Marshala Lee, MD,MPH, Program Director
Harrington VICP Fund
Christiana Care Health System
4755 Ogletown Stanton Rd
Newark, DE 19718